As we taste the first heated weekend of Spring, the seasonal shift brings in a fresh change, longer days, and the opportunity for new beginnings. At Ruah, we are bringing more to the Wellness Journal with recommendations, tips and local insight to support you in living a happier and healthier life.
Spring ~ Skin
As we start to enjoy the warmer weather, spring can sometimes cause a problematic skin.
It may be because you were feeling sluggish after enduring the winter months, which is notoriously harsh and drying, or maybe the seasonal change in our environment (such as pollen and budding flowers) is creating irritation/ sensitivity.
Ruah has everything you require to make it easy to ensure
your skin is back to functioning at its best in no time. Wether its restoring a luminous and clear complexion or combatting dry and inflamed skin; the key is always to anticipate and protect against the environmental stressors.
Our focus in Spring needs to be on hydration and healing, as our capillary network has experienced stress during the colder months. Right now is the time to regenerate, rejuvenate and also prepare for the environmental defence and protection required in the summer months to come.
Your skincare routine should reflect this.
Its OUT with heavy moisturisers and oils (unless your skin type and condition dictates differently), and IN with Vitamins A, C, E and D-panthenol. Ruah can provide an exclusively tailored moisturiser and serum blend that contains everything your skin needs and nothing it doesnt.
For glowing Spring skin - Ruah top tips:
Start your seasonal skin care regime with a weekly gentle exfoliation. It’s the perfect way to get rid of dull, dead skin cells post Winter and simultaneously nourish and feed the skin with softening, essential fatty acids.
Dermaviduals Peeling Cream
Synthesis Organics All 4 1 Dry Mask
Renew Exfoliating Toner
Choose 1 to use once per week
2. Spring may also bring hormonal changes to the skin as it starts to produce more sebum than in winter. I also recommend you consider changing from DMS Base Cream High Classic Plus to DMS Base Cream High Classic or DMS Mask with Vitamins, which has reduced lipid content.
3. Incorporate serums into your routine. Boost your skin’s diet with “super-foods” such as the dermaviduals active concentrates found within our large range of serums. These not only feed the epidermis, but also work deep into the bi-layers of the skin. With a DMS Base Cream applied over the top to ‘lock in’ the serums, we effectively target skin cells to activate the skin and produce wonderful results for a range of conditions. Our recommended cocktail for spring is a custom blend of anti-oxidant vitamins A, C, E & D-Panthenol. These protect the skin from premature cellular damage & ageing.
4. As always, we recommend you follow a nutritious diet and daily exercise to assist with the rejuvenation of the skin. Drink plenty of water and eat a variety of leafy vegetables, fruits, legumes and nuts. Regular exercise keeps your body fit, healthy and importantly, stimulates blood circulation in the skin. But did you know that cleansing with a product that contains emulsifiers could drag all the healthy lipids out of your skin, leaving you with a dry, itchy feeling? Instead, use dermaviduals Total Cleansing Cream. Like all our products, it is 100% emulsifier free. It is the perfect cleanser pre and post any exercise.
5. Two must-have products for spring is our DMS Mask with Vitamins. Every skin needs a vitamin boost and now hydration can be intensified whilst still improving elasticity & firmness. Due to the unique DMS structure, DMS Mask with Vitamins penetrates beyond the upper layers of the skin leading to regeneration at a cellular level. Simply apply & let it melt into your skin – no need to wash off. It’s easy and very effective. Secondly, for our Synthesis Organics lovers; the NoTox Ageless Glow Serum is imperative for premature ageing and skin structure support as you start to spend more time outdoors. Ongoing use helps rebuild skin architecture for long-lasting improvement in elasticity and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles for fresh, radiant, and firm skin.
6. Spring is the time to get serious about cellular protection of the melanocytes to ensure pigmentation is kept at bay during the warmer months. A constantly increasing UV index and temperatures pose a major challenge for the skin. So, protect it with a potent anti-oxidant and tyrosinase-inhibiting serum blend consisting of Vitamin C, Green Tea Extract, Liposome NMF, Grape Seed extract and Whitening Concentrate. If you are at high risk of pigmentation we recommend you also use the whitening liposome, neat, in the evening. And don’t forget your sunnies and sun protection. Prevention is much more effective than trying to correct a skin condition
“Your skin is like a bank account: the more you put in it; the better the balance and riches you reap within your skin, now and into the future.” - Dr Lautenschlaeger
Dont go past Ruah Organic this spring. Wether its using our Dermaviduals; Free from emulsifiers, preservatives, mineral oils and fragrances, and using only pure & natural active ingredients, it provides the skin with exactly what it needs and deserves or Synthesis Organics for radiant, conscious beauty I urge you to avoidthe Spring marketing hype and fads. I know how confusing it can be to make decisions on how to best care for the skin and so with cost-effective, unique and proven results-based formulas, the choices at Ruah Organic are endless with a customised approach.
As well as general improvement and maintenance of a healthy complexion, Ruah Organic specialises in the treatment and prevention of aged and sun-damaged skin and specific problems such as dermatitis, acne, psoriasis and hyper-pigmentation.
We do not believe in a blanket approach to skincare and treatments, our proven concept is bespoke, as we know that no skin is identical. Your skin’s needs are continually changing due to factors such as ageing, hormonal fluctuations, diet, lifestyle choices, the weather and other environmental stressors such as pollution.
This means that one type of skincare regime won’t “fit everyone” and further, needs to adapt and change over time and the seasons, just as the skin does
Enjoy our GAIA~ Detox facial with a special discount just for you..
Use code: GAIASPRING10
for 10% off this facial experience.